The winter season in Metro Decatur, GA, brings joyous holiday parties, gatherings with loved ones, and delightful warm beverages. However, some of these comforting drinks, like coffee, red wine, and whiskey cokes, can stain our teeth. At Metro Decatur Dental Group PC, we understand the importance of enjoying these beverages while keeping your pearly whites protected. Here are some tips to maintain your radiant smile throughout the winter:
- Drink Through a Straw: Sipping coffee, lattes, soda, and black tea through a straw can reduce direct contact with your teeth, minimizing staining effects. Though it might feel a bit awkward initially, it can make a significant difference in preserving your teeth’s brightness.
- Sip Water: Whenever you indulge in teeth-staining treats like red wine or chocolate, take sips of water in between. This helps rinse away the staining substances and keeps your teeth cleaner.
- Brush & Floss: Promptly brushing your teeth about thirty minutes after consuming staining foods or drinks can help wash away the stains before they set in. However, avoid brushing immediately after, as acidic drinks can temporarily soften the enamel. Also, don’t forget to floss, as plaque buildup can attract stains.
- Chew Sugar-Free Gum: After your morning coffee or dinner wine, chew sugar-free gum. Chewing gum stimulates saliva production, which aids in washing away stains and fighting plaque.
- Teeth Whitening Products: Use whitening toothpaste and mouthwashes with the American Dental Association seal of approval to maintain your smile’s brightness. Additionally, consider over-the-counter or professional teeth whitening services if you regularly consume staining beverages. For severe staining issues, porcelain veneers can be discussed with your cosmetic dentist at Metro Decatur Dental Group PC.
With these tips, you can enjoy the winter festivities without worrying about stained and yellowing teeth. For professional teeth whitening services in Metro Decatur, GA, contact Metro Decatur Dental Group PC and keep your pearly whites shining this winter!